Friday 5 October 2012

October Kit - trip report

Hi, it's Lisa here today.

I received a lovely box of goodies recently : ) the October kit!
You can find it  here.
A lovely combination of pretty papers, some Echo Park Stickers and lots of other bits.
I got working on this LO straight away. (always the sign of some good stash if you want to get started immediately)
I wanted to make a start on our Florida trip report even though we haven't actually gone yet.
This will be the first LO in our album. Our 'Pre-Trip' report.



Before going to Florida, it's always been a thing of measuring the kids before we go to see what they can and can not go on. So I thought this time it would be a fun thing to scrap and then basically document where we are at before the trip.

I used the little wooden pegs to hold our photos and twirled the bakers twine in amongst the pegs too. 



I love the Simple Stories Strips. I've cut this one piece with the days of the week. I ran some double sided tape all along and then as I stuck it in place I created a wave like affect by not sticking it completely down.


I used the Prima Stamp that comes with it here and there as a very light background effect.
I used a lighter Distress Ink, so that it remained in the background and not a focal point. I didn't want it to over power.

Then I took a black pen and a ruler to create the section for my journaling.
If you aren't so keen on journaling it's a good idea to write it on a scrap piece of paper first before writing straight on to the LO.

I'm loving this kit and have created lots more with it : )
 

No comments: